These pages provide an overview of the design projects I have worked on from 1988 until the present. A number of principles have underpinned all of this work:
- Students who become engaged with what they are learning are often capable of much more than we imagine – they can be a constant source of surprise.
- Through careful design, it is possible to present challenging and complex ideas in coherent ways that are accessible to a wide range of learners.
- Visual representations and images are powerful tools in helping us to understand and make sense of the world around us.
- Teachers are central to curriculum change, and they welcome support to introduce creative approaches into their classroom and to provide opportunities for learning from each other.
- Making innovation happen requires many different aspects of design that need to be brought together in an integrated way.
- Collaboration and teamwork are essential throughout the process ‘from innovation to impact’.